The Virginia Commonwealth University Center for Clinical and Translational Research offers a wide range of services and tools for anyone embarking on or conducting a research project through any department or school within the university. We’re here to provide support for you to accomplish your research goals.
Are you looking for a specific tool or service to help you round out a research study? Here is a comprehensive list of services available through the CCTR. If you have any questions or don’t see the service you were looking for, please contact us.
- Collaborative Advanced Research Imaging
- Research Incubator – offers identification of funding sources (internal and external funding), grant writing, budget development, mentoring, mock study sections and research working groups
- Clinical Research Services – provides administrative support for clinical research activities as well as support services and facilities
- Biomedical Informatics – provides data resources and management, including REDCap electronic data capture and i2B2 cohort discovery
- Research Resources – core laboratories provide services, equipment, expertise and training relevant to clinical and translational investigators
- Community-engaged research – builds partnerships and collaborates with the Greater Richmond community in research
- Mid-Atlantic Twin Registry – offers a variety of services to accommodate studies about twins or multiples
- ResearchMatch – a secure national recruitment registry that brings together researchers and people who are willing to learn more about research studies and clinical trials
Specialized service facility
The CCTR has been deemed a specialized service facility for some of its services. While the majority of services through the CCTR are provided at no cost, six areas are available as service centers.