CCTR Endowment Fund
The VCU Center for Clinical and Translational Research's Endowment Fund supports meritorious pilot and feasibility research.
- Sources of the funds include the A.D. Williams Trust Fund, endowment funds designated for specific health sciences research, and additional monies from the Office of the Vice President for Health Sciences.
- Under the CCTR Endowment Fund program, investigators may apply for money to support all stages of clinical and translational health sciences research. This mechanism can support research that applies discoveries generated in the laboratory and preclinical studies to the development of clinical trials. It also may fund proposals that seek to understand the biological basis for clinical manifestations. In addition, these funds may be used by faculty with well-established community academic partnerships for community engaged pilot research activities
- The goal of this funding mechanism is to allow researchers to collect data that will support external funding for work that ultimately will improve patient and community health outcomes. Individual investigators and small groups of investigators may apply for up to $50,000 for their research, and multi-disciplinary research teams may apply for up to $130,000 to support research that involves collaborators from at least two different VCU schools.
- VCU faculty from both the MCV and Monroe Park campuses are encouraged to apply. Applications including researchers from multiple disciplines are not only encouraged, but highly desirable. Faculty must be paid, at least in part, by VCU to be eligible to apply for CCTR Endowment Funds.
- The submission deadlines for applications for CCTR Endowment Fund Awards will be November 1, February 1 and August 1 for the individual research awards and May 1 for the multi-school awards.
- If you have any questions about this funding mechanism, please contact Pam Dillon (firstname.lastname@example.org) at the CCTR. Grant applications must be submitted electronically to email@example.com. Please see instructions and checklist link below for more information.
Publications resulting from work supported by these funds must acknowledge VCU’s CTSA (UL1TR000058 from the National Institutes of Health's National Center for Advancing Translational Science) and the CCTR Endowment Fund of the Virginia Commonwealth University.