Collaborative Advanced Research Imaging (CARI) program
The CARI program, located at 203 E. Cary St. in Richmond, houses a new research-dedicated 3T Philips Ingenia MRI scanner. Some of the scanner’s advantages are listed below.
- Uses Philips’ Direct Digital processing that improves the signal-to-noise ratio substantially
- Includes both front and rear facing mirrors for visual stimuli and movie projection
- The radiofrequency signal is totally digital at the source in order to reduce noise
- Patient-specific B0 and B1 shimming
- Large bore to help participants feel less confined and less claustrophobic
In addition to the research-dedicated scanner, the CARI facility has more than 6,000 square feet of research-dedicated space, which houses the following.
- Mock scanner
- Urine drug screen collection toilet
- Multiple interview rooms
- Sound attenuated testing chambers for human behavioral laboratory testing
- Physical exam room with electrocardiogram
- Dispensary for medication storage and dispensing
For more information about the CARI program’s capabilities, download this PDF .
To ask questions about CARI, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To request CARI services, visit go.vcu.edu/ancillaryrequest.